Great Illustration

I read this in an online devotional my sister Terri got me hooked on. I feel like it's a clear analogy of what it feels like we're doing! (hint: we're just now climbing into the wheelbarrow)

"When I was a new Christian I heard an illustration of what belief and faith looked like when combined. If you were a trapeze artist and were skilled at walking across tightropes over high places, you might even be willing to walk across Niagara Falls. In fact, I would have confidence that you could because I had seen your abilities as a trapeze artist. However, if you asked me if you could push me in a wheelbarrow across Niagara Falls, you would be challenging me to put my beliefs into action. This requires faith, participation, and risk, which, until now, was based only on mental assent."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dubai

Early Summer 2017 Update

The Missionaries