Photo journal

We've been having a lot of fun these past couple weeks with Mom and Dad Berry and Danielle, hosting Alisha's brother's team for a night in Kampala, and sadly saying goodbye to our dear intern friends. So I thought pictures would be the best way to share it all.
(top) This past Sunday we took a drive South to the equator. It was about 80 km and took about an hour and a half. It's more of a rest stop on the side of the road, but it was cool to finally make it there after being so close this whole time (our house is 32 km (20 miles) from the equator, as a crow flies). Oh, the water really does swirl in the opposite direction on the southern hemisphere, and drop straight down at the equator! (next) There were some local children nearby, and they had a homemade soccer ball they were playing with, so Brodie jumped all over that. So while Grandma and Grandpa shopped for souvenirs, the boys played a full-court soccer match with the local kids.
(next) Alisha and Dani sat and talked with some of the local kids not interested in the soccer game. (next) After the long day trip, we went to what is becoming our favorite places to go out to eat - the 'Coconut Shack', an Indian restaurant that is relatively cheap. And, they make omelettes and 'chips' (french fries) that Brodie can eat. (next) The group crammed into our little safari vehicle for the day trip.
(next) Alisha has been leading 'girls workout night' at our house each Tuesday for the ladies of eMi. So the men in the house hole up in our rooms as the ladies "Bring it" with Tony Horton, Shaun T, and the Beachbody workout videos. Shameless plug - for more info, check out: http://www.milliondollarbody.com/bbst/homepage.php?homepage_Username=AlishaC.
(next) Interns Zach, Heather, Jill and Jared with our boys on their last day. Sad to say goodbye to our friends, some of which have been here the whole time we've been here. (next) Intern Jared with Graysen - Jared was so good to our boys and was a lot of fun to have around. I got to spend a lot of time with him as he was on my project trip and then I was his mentor for his time here. There has just got to be a way to get him to marry into the Crawford family...LaBrie girls?? :) (next) Jill and Jonah - Jonah definitely had a crush on Jill as he always gravitated to her when she was around. Jill and Heather were also so good to our boys and served as our babysitters many times. (last) Alisha's brother's team in the food line at the guest house where they stayed for a night here in Kampala on their way to Jinja. From the reports we have heard so far they have had an awesome trip here in Uganda.
We are leaving in the morning for a week, to visit Sipi Falls and the town of Mbale in Eastern Uganda, then to Jinja for 3 days for some more fun (like whitewater rafting) and finally up to Murchison Falls State Park for our safari. Alisha's parents are so nice to be giving us such a fun vacation! I'll post all about it including pictures when we return at the end of the month.

Comments

Kristen said…
Have a wonderful vacation away!!!
terri said…
Hi guys, thanks for the great pictures, I just want to hug the screen when I see Daniand Alisha's smiling faces. Bless you on your exciting adventure trip and know we will be praying for your safety every step of the way. Love you all, Terri
Psalm 18:30-36...All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock? God arms me with strength; he has made my way safe. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, leading me safely along the mountain heights....You have given me the shield of your salvation. Your right hand supports me; your gentleness has made me great....xoxoxolove, terri/sister/mom:)
brent(inWorship) said…
I have not been over in a while. I am a terrible friend. I'll be reading through and catching up tonight.
You guys look good! I love reading about the relationships and lives you guys are creating.

Be blessed!
Anonymous said…
Dear Brad and Alisha,

I am sorry I have been so remiss in getting in touch with you. However, about the time you were leaving for Uganda I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. This is a very serious bone marrow cancer and I am currently undergoing a form of chemotherapy. To say the least this has shaken our world and I have been pretty distracted for the past 5 1/2 months. It can be difficult at times but I have been getting used to it and have tried to continue doing what I usually do. The medicine can make me very tired and I have reacted with a bad skin rash. My immune system is fairly compromised and I have to be very careful to not expose myself to too many people. Fortunately, I've only had one real bout with illness that landed me in the hospital for about 3 1/2 days. It was the first time I've ever been in the hospital and I came to realize that if I didn't die from the cancer, I certaintly would die from the food they gave if I had to eat it on a regular basis.

I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what great things you guys are involved in and the joy you manifest in what you are doing. The children seem to be enjoying themselves and I am glad for that. I would have preferred to email this to you. I did email this message at an earlier date but I don't think you ever received it. Please send me your current email address.

Tell the boys that Mr. Jeff sends greetings and wishes them well.

I just want you to know Brad and Alisha that Carolyn and I love you very much and appreciate your friendship. Thank you for everything you've done for us in the past. We look forward to being able to spend more time with you in the future. While the prognosis for my disease is not the most hopeful I am hopeful that God will intervene and grant me more time in this life.

One further note Brad I noticed that the book you mention as your favorite was Most Moved Mover and that warmed my heart.

Look forward to hearing from you and corresponding further.

Your friend,

Jeff
Kelly K. said…
Dear Brad, Alisha, & 3 'lil pals,

Well, the love of your family has not only pulled me in, but these amazing photos are making Uganda more difficult to keep away from! I miss you, I love you all- really I do. I pray for you nearly daily and I just may be seeing you sooner than later. Did I mention that I miss you more than any Ugandan would miss pizza and ice cream?

How can they hear if no one will tell them? Oh, that's right, The Crawfords left everything, followed Him- went when they did not know where they were going.

Thank you for serving where it is not comfy. May God continue to overwhelm you with His gracious blessings. John 20:21,22

Popular posts from this blog

Dubai

The Missionaries

Early Summer 2017 Update